Kakimori Nib Brass
Pen nib in brass from Japanese Kakimori. The brass nib writes slightly smoother, wider lines than their steel nib (see image 4 for comparison).
Writing angle is a maximum of 45 degrees. Tilt it even more to create wavy lines.
Feel free to combine the nib with Kakimori's own nib holders, but as it is of a standard size, it fits most nib holders – even from other manufacturers.
The nib is intended to be dipped, preferably in special ink intended for dip pens. Can be combined with Kakimori's own ink.
Made in Japan.
Usage and care
- When removing the nib from the nib holder, gently pull it out while turning to avoid dislodging the nib mount.
- To prevent the build-up of dry ink in the grooves, rinse frequently in water during use.
- To remove stubborn dry ink, gently scrub in water with a soft toothbrush.
- If using detergent, a pH neutral detergent is recommended. Avoid alkaline detergents as they will damage the surface.
- Brass will develop a natural patina over time.